SureStore Disk Array
These Surestore disk arrays flaunt an impressive 99.95% uptime, providing
an ultimate choice for operations in I/O intensive application workloads.
You can put up to twelve 9.1, 18.2, or 36.4GB 10,000 RPM drives, for a total
of 2.6TB of raw data storage per 2-meter rack. The array supports a mirrored
cache, which keeps a complete copy of the cache on both controllers. The
system continually fine tunes itself for maximum performance and data availability,
keeping the most frequently accessed data in RAID 0/1 storage, and less
frequently accessed data in RAID 5 space.
Parts & Upgrades for HP 12H
||Rackmount AutoRAID Array Model 12H
||Deskside AutoRAID Array Model 12H
||Add on 4.3GB 7200 RPM Disk Module
||Add on 9.1GB 7200 RPM Disk Module
||Model 12H 96MB Controller with AutoRAID
||Add on Power Supply for Model 12H
||Model 12H Fan Module
||Model 12H High Speed Fan Module
||Add on 18.2GB 7200 RPM Disk Module
||Add on 9.1GB 10K RPM Disk Module
||Add on 18.2GB 10K RPM Disk Module
||Add on 36GB 10K RPM Disk Module
- Redundant controllers reduce or eliminate downtime caused by failed
- Hot-pluggable components allow for repairs
with minimum interruption to currently running applications.
controllers provide hot fail-over, keeping your data safe and available.
- Support for mirrored cache keeps a complete copy of all cached data
on both controllers.
- Dual batteries in each controller allow failure
of up to three of the four batteries in a controller pair with no
- ECC protected memory corrects single-bit memory
errors and detects two-bit errors; allowing the system to continue
even though a memory component may be performing marginally.
- HP C1 manufacturing standard enables it to work reliably in a variety
of operating conditions.
- Failure detection in firmware detects battery
failure and sends a notice to the management utility, allowing replacement
a battery before it
causes a controller failure or loss of data.
disk scrubbing restores data from remaining disks and rewrites data
to repaired sectors, and detects
errors in the
background before interruption of system operation.
- Data protection enables recovery of catastrophic controller failures
by logging (real-time) controller
to the disks.
- Award-winning HP AutoRAID technology
cuts administrative time needed for installation, performance tuning,
- Online capacity upgrades -
allows the addition of storage whenever it's convenient; no need
- Array management monitoring delivered
through ARM (AutoRAID Manager) detects and reports
during regular hours and minimizing impact
on operations or operating staff.
migration of data from RAID 0/1 to RAID 5 storage- substantially
- Ability to mix and match disk
drive capacities and speeds simplifies configuration and
- Support for HP-UX and NT allows
flexible storage capacity allocation or redeployment.
with HP's OpenView, XP/ServiceGuard, and other HA software